June 2015 – Present Senior Research Analyst, Econsultancy
July 2014 – May 2015 Business Innovation Platform Officer, Dublin City University (DCU)
- Promote the infrastructure, facilities and expertise available within DCU to enhance the opportunities to secure research funding for the university.
- Organizing research trips and research conferences to demonstrate the research expertise of DCU.
- Provide guidance to DCU researchers seeking interactions with enterprises.
- Develop and disseminate best practice business processes to support DCU researchers in their engagements with industry.
- Initiate and facilitate new relationships with enterprises in target sectors.
- Identifying research where DCU has unique capabilities in order to target these capabilities to enterprises in relevant sectors.
Aug 2010 – August 2015 Project Manager, Industry Engagement, DCU Business School
- Reporting to the Director of Industry Engagement; research, assess, project manage and complete successful delivery of over 150 Enterprise Ireland funded industry focused projects in the digital marketing / e-commerce sector.
- Projects related to: User experience analysis and usability testing, Search engine marketing, eLearning infrastructure, Social media marketing, CRM installations, eCommerce, Use case scenario mapping and conceptual architecture preparation.
- Lead and manage a team of 12 researchers to complete business innovation projects within short demanding timescales.
- Pro-actively engage with Enterprise Ireland (EI) through their Innovation Voucher programme and work with EI clients to develop solutions and maximise use of valuable research funding.
- Develop strong relationships with each client company to define business needs and requirements prior to commencing work on their project.
- Show adaptability and the capacity to engage with company executives across all levels of seniority when dealing with clients ranging from small start-ups to large multinationals.
- Digital Marketing responsibilities In addition, in 2012, I led a 12 day multi media campaign titled “DCU Loves Business”. This campaign was aimed at highlighting the work that my team do with businesses and so featured radio, print and digital advertisements which showcased the businesses that we work with and what they achieved from engaging with DCU.
Aug 2010 – May 2015 Project Coordinator, Techspectations, a Digital Outreach Initiative,
DCU Business School
- Improve and expand access to digital marketing research and expertise by organizing and promoting over 75 digital marketing and ecommerce workshops.
- Initiated relationships with high profile industry experts to offer their expertise and current industry perspective for each workshop.
- Developed mutually beneficial business relationships with companies like Microsoft and PayPal.
- Organised, promoted and Master of Ceremonies for over 25 large-scale (800 – 1200 attendees) digital marketing, technology and start up conferences covering key strategic areas for industry and academia including social media marketing, mobile marketing and technology, start-ups, cloud computing and ecommerce and digital marketing in the hospitality sector.
- Techspectations has delivered over 30,000 seats of training and has generated significant follow-up opportunities for research collaboration in the area of digital technologies.
Feb. 2011 – Present Adjunct Lecturer, DCU Business School
- Led the organisational and technical implementation of a blended learning MSc Management (Innovation in Social Enterprise) to a cohort of international students.
- Proactively engaged with large groups of learners including undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Modules include Internet Marketing (Undergraduate), Digital Marketing and eBusiness Management (Postgraduate), Web Design (Postgraduate), Social Entrepreneurship (Postgraduate). Taught in DCU, National University of Ireland Maynooth and University College Cork.
- Mentoring, coaching, motivating and supervision of postgraduate student projects with industry partners.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility when leading a Next Generation Technology Module to young people (12 – 18) in DCU’s Centre for Talented Youth.
- Responsibility for organising and coordinating annual international research trips to for students to China, Mexico and India.
May 2007 – Aug 2008 Business Executive, Ulster Bank Corporate Banking, Dublin.
- Responsible for day to day management of the bank’s relationship with a portfolio of 20 corporate clients.
- Developed strong working relationships and continually assessed each client for potential new business opportunities.
- Achieved increase in bank business in the areas of banking processes and retail point of sale facilities.
- Support lending proposals and credit reviews.
- Support preparation of facility agreements for corporate clients.
- Responsible for team compliance with internal operating procedures including loan administration and anti-money laundering compliance.
- Monitor daily excess levels.
Sept 2004 – May 2007 Supervisor (2006-2007) & Senior Funds Administrator (2004-2006) Northern Trust International, Hedge Funds Dept., Dublin
- Exhibited excellent relationship management skills when administering a portfolio of 15+ hedge fund accounts.
- Consistently achieved high performance ratings and promoted ahead of peer group after less than two years working as a Senior Funds Administrator.
- Supervised, trained and motivated a team of junior fund administrators.
- Managed relationships with fund managers as well as investors including the implementation of client specific procedures.
- Other duties: processing subscription and redemptions, monthly reporting to investors, monitoring cash receipt for cleared funds, redemption payments, fund transfers, implementation of anti-money laundering procedures, supporting new fund launches.
Summer 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 Fund Administrator, Barings International Fund Managers Ireland, Hedge Fund Team, Dublin
2010 Masters (MSc) in E-Commerce (Business), Dublin City University (DCU)
2008 Professional Diploma in Financial Advice (QFA), Institute of Banking, Ireland
2004 BA International Business and Languages (German and Spanish), DCU
2002/2003 Erasmus– University of Innsbruck, Austria
2014 / 2015 Common Purpose, Meridien Executive Leadership Programme
2015 Teaching Online, (5 ECTS), Dublin City University
2013 Prince 2 Project Management (Foundation)
2009 Business German, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf
2006 Diploma, Stockbroking Investment, Dublin Business School
Council Member, North Dublin Chamber of Commerce (2013 – 2015)
Business analysis, Research analysis, Consulting, Relationship Management, Business Development, Event Management, Project Management, Market Research, Market analysis, Strategy, Investment Analysis, People Management, Negotiation, Lecturing and Presentations, Report Writing, User Experience, Usability testing, Conversion Rate Optimisation, Web and Social Analytics, Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Marketing, Email marketing, Fund Administration.
- As an active volunteer, I have given many years to Gaisce, the Presidents Award (equivalent to the Duke of Edinburgh) as an Award Participant, Award Leader and a spell as Chairperson of the Gaisce Alumni Association.
- I am also a long time member of the Order of Malta Ambulance Corps where I am a trained Cardiac First Responder, First Aid Instructor and Youth Leader.
- Fundraising events for the Saoirse Foundation.
Hobbies include fitness, outdoor activities such as kayaking (level 3), running and mountain biking.
Reading, attending seminars related to Technology, Marketing and Financial services. Playing music.